FDI in retail meant to serve global supermarkets: Ramdev
Dehradun: The move of inviting FDI in retail sector is designed to serve the interest of global supermarkets, yoga guru Ramdev on Friday alleged and appealed people to dislodge the UPA government in the upcoming General elections.
"The move is designed to serve the interest of global supermarkets. If people want a government which works for their interest and not for that of the US, they will have to overthrow the Congress government at the Centre in 2014 Lok Sabha polls," Ramdev said addressing a meeting at Laksar near Haridwar yesterday as part of the third phase of his ongoing Bharat Swabhiman Yatra.
Alleging that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had been reduced to being just a "remote" in the hands of Sonia Gandhi, he said "the country has for the first time seen a Prime Minister who cannot take his own decisions."
Terming the decision on allowing FDI in retail as anti-national, he said people will have to boycott foreign products and go for indigenously manufactured goods to foil the Congress` "dangerous gameplan" of playing into the hands of global supermarket giants.
He said it was time to launch a decisive battle against corruption after 65 years of Independence and asked people to give a befitting reply to the Congress in the next general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi