FICCI to provide 500 free fabricated houses to Uttarakhand flood victims
Dehradun: The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) will help construct 500 fabricated houses free of cost for the victims of Uttarakhand flood disaster, while Rotary International has proposed to reconstruct schools in 13 districts of the state.
State`s Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar today said that he met members of the association of business organisations in India, FICCI and senior officials of Rotary International in the national capital yesterday.
Kumar said for the immediate relief of those who lost their houses in the tragedy, FICCI will facilitate construction of 200 temporary shelters here.
Apart from this, FICCI has also come forward to install Reverse Osmosis machines in water sources so that pure drinking water is available to the victims, he said.
Rotary International has assured the chief secretary that they would reconstruct primary to secondary level school buildings and repair those schools in 13 districts which were damaged or destroyed in the calamity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray