FICCI to provide 500 free fabricated houses to Uttarakhand flood victims
Dehradun: The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) will help construct 500 fabricated houses free of cost for the victims of Uttarakhand flood disaster, while Rotary International has proposed to reconstruct schools in 13 districts of the state.
State`s Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar today said that he met members of the association of business organisations in India, FICCI and senior officials of Rotary International in the national capital yesterday.
Kumar said for the immediate relief of those who lost their houses in the tragedy, FICCI will facilitate construction of 200 temporary shelters here.
Apart from this, FICCI has also come forward to install Reverse Osmosis machines in water sources so that pure drinking water is available to the victims, he said.
Rotary International has assured the chief secretary that they would reconstruct primary to secondary level school buildings and repair those schools in 13 districts which were damaged or destroyed in the calamity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'