Final lists of missing received from all states barring UP: CM
Dehradun: Uttarakhand government on Tuesday said it has received the final lists of people from various states except Uttar Pradesh, who went missing in the mid-June calamity, and will soon sent compensation to their families.
"We have received the final lists of missing persons from all the states except Uttar Pradesh. I have spoken to UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and Governor B L Joshi asking them to furnish us with the final list of missing persons from their state soon," Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna told reporters here.
"The UP Governor has informed that the required list of missing persons from the state will be made available within 10-15 days," he said.
Bahuguna said the amount received from the Centre as compensation will soon be paid to the kin of the missing persons, whose names appear in the final lists received from different states.
A `presumed to be dead` certificate will be issued to each one of those who went missing in the tragedy to help their kin operate their bank accounts, the chief minister said in reply to a question.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe