Final lists of missing received from all states barring UP: CM
Dehradun: Uttarakhand government on Tuesday said it has received the final lists of people from various states except Uttar Pradesh, who went missing in the mid-June calamity, and will soon sent compensation to their families.
"We have received the final lists of missing persons from all the states except Uttar Pradesh. I have spoken to UP Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and Governor B L Joshi asking them to furnish us with the final list of missing persons from their state soon," Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna told reporters here.
"The UP Governor has informed that the required list of missing persons from the state will be made available within 10-15 days," he said.
Bahuguna said the amount received from the Centre as compensation will soon be paid to the kin of the missing persons, whose names appear in the final lists received from different states.
A `presumed to be dead` certificate will be issued to each one of those who went missing in the tragedy to help their kin operate their bank accounts, the chief minister said in reply to a question.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA