FIR against Uttarakhand minister Harak Singh Rawat for molestation
Zee News Bureau
New Delhi: Delhi Police has booked senior Uttarakhand minister Harak Singh Rawat for allegedly molesting a 30-year-old woman here last year.
“Harak Singh Rawat has been booked for molesting a woman at his house in Safdarjung area in south Delhi. The incident happened in September last year,” said a police officer.
The woman, who is a resident of Meerut had on Monday submitted a written complaint at Safdarjung Enclave Police Station alleging that Rawat had misbehaved with her and touched her inappropriately, when she met him in September 2013.
Rawat, who was agriculture minister in Vijay Bahuguna’s cabinet, continued as minister when Bahuguna was succeeded by Harish Rawat.
"She claims that she was in touch with Rawat for a job. He had called her to Delhi in September and when she met him, he allegedly misbehaved with her. Following which she somehow managed to flee and reached her home," said a police official.
Although the woman could not explain the delay in reporting the case, police have registered an FIR under section 354 and 506 in this regard.
"We had received the complaint yesterday and after examining it, an FIR has been registered today. Further investigation is underway," said a senior police official.
(With agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city