FIR registered against Rudrapur Congress MLA
Dehradun: An FIR was today registered
against a Congress MLA on the basis of a complaint raised
against him by an expelled party leader in Uttarakhand`s
Udhamsinghnagar district, police said.
According to the FIR registered against Rudrapur MLA
Tilak Raj Behad, the lawmaker is accused of abusing and
threatening expelled Congress leader from the district
On October 20, the two had a heated argument over who
will participate in a party function, in which Behad
threatened him, the FIR said.
Uttarakhand unit of the party had on October 26 expelled
Shukla and three other district level leaders for six years
from the primary membership of the party for `indiscipline`
and indulging in `anti-party activities`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal