Firing at minister’s residence: Case lodged against unidentified person
Dehradun: A case has been registered against an unidentified person for opening fire at state Agriculture Minister Harak Singh Rawat`s official residence despite the name of a ruling party MLA surfacing in connection with the incident which left two persons injured.
"The firing incident at the Minister`s Yamuna Colony residence during a party last (Tuesday) night is still being probed. As of now, a case against an unidentified person has been registered for opening fire," a police official here said.
No party has so far lodged a case in connection with the incident.
However, taking suo motu cognisance of the incident, police have registered a case against an unidentified man, he said.
Vivekanand Khanduri, said to be close to the Chief Minister, received injuries in both his feet in the incident and is recuperating at the city`s Doon hospital.
Congress worker from Haridwar Ravindra Saini also received minor injury in the incident as the bullet shot past him, hitting his ear.
However, Roorkee MLA Pradip Batra claimed that the shot were fired by Khanpur MLA Kunwar Pranav Singh Champion, adding that he fired for fun and not with the intention to injure anyone.
Champion, also a sports enthusiast and a fitness freak, is said to be quite fond of guns.
He infamously brandished guns after a rally addressed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh at Roorkee in 2007.
There are cases registered against him at police stations in Haridwar and nearby areas but no action was taken against him.
While opposition BJP has demanded a judicial inquiry into the firing incident, former chief minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank has demanded ouster of Harak Singh Rawat from the cabinet over the issue.
"Firing at a cabinet minister`s official residence in his presence is a serious matter. He should be dismissed from the cabinet on this ground," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared