First priority to win trust vote: Bahuguna
Dehra Dun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay
Bahuguna on Saturday said he would first prove his majority on the
floor of the House before distributing portfolios among the
"My first priority is to win the trust vote in the state
Assembly," he told reporters here.
"Portfolios will come later," the Chief Minister said on
his return from New Delhi where he held talks with senior
Congress leaders on various issues plaguing his government.
Bahuguna, who went to New Delhi on Wednesday, said he
held meetings with Union ministers who assured him they would
extend all help to the state in development works.
The Chief Minister had also discussed issues related to
distribution of portfolios with senior party leaders in New
Bahuguna`s first task is to get the party`s nominee
elected as Speaker of the House. The Congress is banking on
support of seven non-BJP MLAs in this regard.
The election of the Speaker will be held on March 26, a
day before the first session of the newly-constituted Assembly
The BJP is also contemplating to field its own candidate
for the post of the Speaker.
"We have not taken a decision but we are thinking of
putting up a candidate," said former Chief Minister Bhagat
After the election of the Speaker, Bahuguna will have
to face the crucial trust vote on the floor of the House.
Eleven Congress MLAs are also yet to take oath.
Pro-tem Speaker Shailendra Mohan Singhal said he would
sit in his chamber to administer oath to the MLAs tomorrow
when the nomination for the post of the Speaker would be
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India