Five nursing colleges to come up in Uttarakhand
Dehra Dun: Five nursing colleges will come up in as many hill towns of Uttarakhand, a senior official said here.
During a review meeting of proposed works under the 13th Finance Commission here yesterday, Uttarakhand Chief Secretary Alok Kumar Jain directed the officials to identify the land for setting up five nursing colleges in the hill towns of Tehri, Pauri, Chamoli, Almora and Pithoragarh.
All the nursing colleges, which are selected, have 120-bed hospitals.
Jain also directed the officials to ensure construction of hostels for students near the proposed nursing colleges.
A sports stadium of international standard with an estimated cost of Rs 25 crore would be constructed on 15.2 acres of land at Haldwani by the Sports Department, he said.
The Rural Development Department has proposed construction of residences for Rural Development Officers and Community Centres for common people in the five border districts, the Chief Secretary said.
A Water Regulatory Authority will also be constituted to work in the field of water management in the hill state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed