Food department officials raid Ramdev’s ashram
Haridwar: Officials of Uttarakhand Food Department carried out raids on the premises of Divya Yog ashram of yoga guru Ramdev and collected samples of various ayurvedic medicines.
The food department officials collected samples of honey, salt, gram floor among other things from the ashram during the nearly 3-hour raid.
The raids were criticised by Ramdev who alleged the action was taken at the behest of the Centre.
"This is war between the elite class and common people. We are common people and our war has just begun. These raids are being done at the behest of the Centre", Ramdev said.
"Have they (the government) ever dared to carry out raids on foreign companies? But they have chosen to target me. You can collect samples even truck loads", Ramdev told reporters here.
On his disciple Balkrishna getting bail from Uttarakhand High Court, Ramdev said "it is victory of truth over evil".
"The Centre", he alleged, "has misused CBI to torment Balkrishna and fix him in various cases".
"Our struggle is against the establishment. We are carrying forward a big movement and we are being targeted", he said.
He said he has received more than 100 notices from various departments but the struggle against the black money will continue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report