Food department officials raid Ramdev’s ashram
Haridwar: Officials of Uttarakhand Food Department carried out raids on the premises of Divya Yog ashram of yoga guru Ramdev and collected samples of various ayurvedic medicines.
The food department officials collected samples of honey, salt, gram floor among other things from the ashram during the nearly 3-hour raid.
The raids were criticised by Ramdev who alleged the action was taken at the behest of the Centre.
"This is war between the elite class and common people. We are common people and our war has just begun. These raids are being done at the behest of the Centre", Ramdev said.
"Have they (the government) ever dared to carry out raids on foreign companies? But they have chosen to target me. You can collect samples even truck loads", Ramdev told reporters here.
On his disciple Balkrishna getting bail from Uttarakhand High Court, Ramdev said "it is victory of truth over evil".
"The Centre", he alleged, "has misused CBI to torment Balkrishna and fix him in various cases".
"Our struggle is against the establishment. We are carrying forward a big movement and we are being targeted", he said.
He said he has received more than 100 notices from various departments but the struggle against the black money will continue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened