Former Bihar minister calls on Uttarakhand Guv
Dehradun: Former Bihar minister Shamaile Nabi Wednesday called on Uttarakhand Governor Aziz Qureshi and discussed initiatives taken by the Bahuguna government for the welfare of minorities and promotion of Urdu language.
"The purpose of my visit here was to review the steps taken by the state government for the welfare of minorities and promotion of Urdu language. And I must say I was impressed by what I saw," Nabi, who was a minister in Bihar in the Congress government headed by Jagannath Mishra, told a news agency.
He also said Uttarakhand was fortunate to have a secular person like Qureshi as governor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?