Former student dupes teacher of Rs 6.20 lakh
Dehradun: A woman along with her husband and
father allegedly duped an old lady of Rs 6.20 lakh by forging
her signatures, police said on Tuesday.
87-year-old Rikta Das lodged a complaint with the police
alleging that her ex-student Shalini Chaddha along with her
husband Vishal and father S K Sharma forged her signatures and
withdrew Rs 6.20 lakh from her bank account.
After the matter came into light, Shalini returned Rs one
lakh in cash to Das and also gave her the remaining amount
through two cheques which bounced on being deposited in the
Das told the police that Shalini was her student when
she was teaching in Lucknow.
Police have registered a case in this regard and
investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA