Former student dupes teacher of Rs 6.20 lakh
Dehradun: A woman along with her husband and
father allegedly duped an old lady of Rs 6.20 lakh by forging
her signatures, police said on Tuesday.
87-year-old Rikta Das lodged a complaint with the police
alleging that her ex-student Shalini Chaddha along with her
husband Vishal and father S K Sharma forged her signatures and
withdrew Rs 6.20 lakh from her bank account.
After the matter came into light, Shalini returned Rs one
lakh in cash to Das and also gave her the remaining amount
through two cheques which bounced on being deposited in the
Das told the police that Shalini was her student when
she was teaching in Lucknow.
Police have registered a case in this regard and
investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31