Four arrested for abducting, raping tribal girl
Kotdwar: Four persons were arrested from a settlement in Lansdowne Forest Range for allegedly abducting and raping an adolescent tribal girl, revenue police has said.
Acting on a tip-off, a team of the revenue police raided a Gujjar settlement at Syatpari in Kotari forest range last evening and arrested Shamsher, Vazir, Safadil and Zahur, said Sub-Divisional Magistrate (Kotdwara) Anil Garbyal.
Among those arrested, Shamsher has confessed that he had assaulted the girl sexually, the SDM said, adding that all the four have been sent to Pauri Jail.
The victim, who belongs to the forest-dwelling Gujjar tribe, is a native of Sigaddisrote settlement near here.
She was allegedly abducted by the accused on January 2 and found six days later from Gadarpur in Udham Singh Nagar district.
However, the mother of the victim has said in her complaint that eight persons were involved in abducting the girl at gun-point.
Medical report of the girl confirmed sexual assault, Nayab Tehsildar Chhawan Singh said.
The incident occurred in the Laldhang Range of Lansdawen Forest Division in Pauri district and fell under the purview of the revenue police as rural policing is done by revenue officials in Uttarakhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA