Four crushed to death by Jammu Tawi Express
Dehra Dun: Four persons, including a couple, were on Wednesday crushed to death and another was injured after being hit by a speeding train when they were trying to cross the railway track at Luxor railway station in Haridwar, police said here.
The incident took place when five persons were crossing a railway track without noticing the Jammu-bound Jammu Tawi Express approaching at a speed. After being hit by the train, they fell on the track and were crushed under its wheels.
While four of them died on the spot, another was seriously injured and has been admitted to a nearby hospital.
The victims had come to take a bath in river Ganga in Haridwar. All the deceased were from Uttar Pradesh.
The deceased couple has been identified as Anil Kumar Tiwari (48) and his wife Vrinda Tiwari (45).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi