Four crushed to death by Jammu Tawi Express
Dehra Dun: Four persons, including a couple, were on Wednesday crushed to death and another was injured after being hit by a speeding train when they were trying to cross the railway track at Luxor railway station in Haridwar, police said here.
The incident took place when five persons were crossing a railway track without noticing the Jammu-bound Jammu Tawi Express approaching at a speed. After being hit by the train, they fell on the track and were crushed under its wheels.
While four of them died on the spot, another was seriously injured and has been admitted to a nearby hospital.
The victims had come to take a bath in river Ganga in Haridwar. All the deceased were from Uttar Pradesh.
The deceased couple has been identified as Anil Kumar Tiwari (48) and his wife Vrinda Tiwari (45).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?