Four crushed to death by Jammu Tawi Express
Dehra Dun: Four persons, including a couple, were on Wednesday crushed to death and another was injured after being hit by a speeding train when they were trying to cross the railway track at Luxor railway station in Haridwar, police said here.
The incident took place when five persons were crossing a railway track without noticing the Jammu-bound Jammu Tawi Express approaching at a speed. After being hit by the train, they fell on the track and were crushed under its wheels.
While four of them died on the spot, another was seriously injured and has been admitted to a nearby hospital.
The victims had come to take a bath in river Ganga in Haridwar. All the deceased were from Uttar Pradesh.
The deceased couple has been identified as Anil Kumar Tiwari (48) and his wife Vrinda Tiwari (45).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore