Four crushed to death by Jammu Tawi Express
Dehra Dun: Four persons, including a couple, were on Wednesday crushed to death and another was injured after being hit by a speeding train when they were trying to cross the railway track at Luxor railway station in Haridwar, police said here.
The incident took place when five persons were crossing a railway track without noticing the Jammu-bound Jammu Tawi Express approaching at a speed. After being hit by the train, they fell on the track and were crushed under its wheels.
While four of them died on the spot, another was seriously injured and has been admitted to a nearby hospital.
The victims had come to take a bath in river Ganga in Haridwar. All the deceased were from Uttar Pradesh.
The deceased couple has been identified as Anil Kumar Tiwari (48) and his wife Vrinda Tiwari (45).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij