Four killed in road accident
Dehradun: Four persons were killed and 13 others critically injured when the jeep they were travelling in collided head-on with a tanker in Haridwar district, police said on Tuesday.
The mishap occurred late last night near Gajiwala village in the district when the jeep carrying 17 passengers was on its way from Haridwar to Bijnore in Uttar Pradesh, they said.
All the injured were rushed to the district hospital where four persons, including two sisters, succumbed to injuries during treatment, Shyampur Police Station SHO Harpal Singh said.
Several of the 13 injured are still critical, including two children less than two years old, he said.
The tanker driver fled the spot immediately after the accident.
Most of the passengers of the jeep hailed from Bijnore.
The jeep was overloaded but the exact cause of the accident is yet to be ascertained, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference