Four killed in road accident
Dehradun: Four persons were killed and 13 others critically injured when the jeep they were travelling in collided head-on with a tanker in Haridwar district, police said on Tuesday.
The mishap occurred late last night near Gajiwala village in the district when the jeep carrying 17 passengers was on its way from Haridwar to Bijnore in Uttar Pradesh, they said.
All the injured were rushed to the district hospital where four persons, including two sisters, succumbed to injuries during treatment, Shyampur Police Station SHO Harpal Singh said.
Several of the 13 injured are still critical, including two children less than two years old, he said.
The tanker driver fled the spot immediately after the accident.
Most of the passengers of the jeep hailed from Bijnore.
The jeep was overloaded but the exact cause of the accident is yet to be ascertained, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read