Four PNB officials suspended for fraud
Dehra Dun: Two officers and as many
employees of a PNB branch here were suspended following a CBI
probe into the Rs 1.9 crore bank scam, bank officials said
The action followed a complaint that some of the bank
employees, with the connivance of top officials, had withdrawn
Rs 1.9 crore from the Vyasnehari branch of PNB at Vikasnagar
town near here.
After getting the complaint, CBI launched a probe and
found that some of the bank employees had withdrawn the said
amount, officials said, adding that the money was being given
to local people on interest.
When CBI tried to quiz Niranjan Kumar, the cashier of the
bank, he allegedly ate some poisonous substance yesterday and
was rushed to a local hospital, where his condition was now
stable, they said.
Later, the CBI recovered nearly 70 percent of the
After the preliminary inquiry found the involvement of
certain officials, the PNB initiated action proceedings
against bank manager Ravindra Sanwal, deputy manager Chunu
Lal, head cashier Niranjan Kumar, Rishi Kumar.
CBI is also questioning a businessman in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter