Four policemen arrested in MBA student killing case
Dehradun: Four more policemen have been
arrested by CBI for allegedly killing MBA student Ranvir Singh
in an encounter on July 3 here.
Three policemen were arrested in the case on October
Dehradun SSP Abhinav Kumar said policemen Nitin
Chauhan, Chandramohan Rawat, Neeraj Yadav and Rajesh Bisht
were arrested late last night and were produced before the
special CBI court today where they were remanded to 14-day
22-year-old Singh, MBA student from Ghaziabad, was
shot dead from a close range during the visit of President
Pratibha Patil here.
Police later claimed that Singh was a criminal and was
shot dead in an encounter at Ladpur jungles here after he
snatched the service revolver of Bhatt at Dalanwala area.
But the postmortem report contradicted police claims
which revealed that Singh was shot dead from a close range and
even tortured before death.
An FIR against 14 police personnel was lodged at
Raipur police station and they all were transferred outside
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 85 seats, BJP in 53; counting underway
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: BJP leader Kirit Somaiya's son wins, party's Mumbai unit chief Ashish Shelar's brother loses