Fresh incidents of cloud burst as heavy rains lash Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Fresh incidents of cloud burst, landslides and house collapses were reported in Uttarakhand after moderate to heavy rains lashed the state.
Cloud burst incident was reported from Sunali village of Uttarakhand`s Chamoli district this morning, while moderate to heavy rains continued to lash the state.
However, there was no report of any human loss or injury, said the officials at National Disaster Management and Mitigation centre.
Several houses were hit by mud and slush brought over by the landslides in Sunali.
The rains also triggered landslides in Tefna and Tirfaq villages here due to which several houses collapsed. Due to landslide, the Rishikesh-Badrinath and Rishikesh-Kedarnath highways have been blocked at several places, they said.
A team has been rushed to the spot to have a detailed account of the situation there. The affected families are being shifted to safer places, said the officials.
The administration is making efforts to open the blocked routes, they said.
Due to continuous rains, the water level in several rivers including Ganga, Yamuna, Kali, Gori and Sharda is increasing and the situation is being monitored by the authorities, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic