Fresh incidents of cloud burst as heavy rains lash Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Fresh incidents of cloud burst, landslides and house collapses were reported in Uttarakhand after moderate to heavy rains lashed the state.
Cloud burst incident was reported from Sunali village of Uttarakhand`s Chamoli district this morning, while moderate to heavy rains continued to lash the state.
However, there was no report of any human loss or injury, said the officials at National Disaster Management and Mitigation centre.
Several houses were hit by mud and slush brought over by the landslides in Sunali.
The rains also triggered landslides in Tefna and Tirfaq villages here due to which several houses collapsed. Due to landslide, the Rishikesh-Badrinath and Rishikesh-Kedarnath highways have been blocked at several places, they said.
A team has been rushed to the spot to have a detailed account of the situation there. The affected families are being shifted to safer places, said the officials.
The administration is making efforts to open the blocked routes, they said.
Due to continuous rains, the water level in several rivers including Ganga, Yamuna, Kali, Gori and Sharda is increasing and the situation is being monitored by the authorities, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory