Fresh incidents of cloud burst as heavy rains lash Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Fresh incidents of cloud burst, landslides and house collapses were reported in Uttarakhand after moderate to heavy rains lashed the state.
Cloud burst incident was reported from Sunali village of Uttarakhand`s Chamoli district this morning, while moderate to heavy rains continued to lash the state.
However, there was no report of any human loss or injury, said the officials at National Disaster Management and Mitigation centre.
Several houses were hit by mud and slush brought over by the landslides in Sunali.
The rains also triggered landslides in Tefna and Tirfaq villages here due to which several houses collapsed. Due to landslide, the Rishikesh-Badrinath and Rishikesh-Kedarnath highways have been blocked at several places, they said.
A team has been rushed to the spot to have a detailed account of the situation there. The affected families are being shifted to safer places, said the officials.
The administration is making efforts to open the blocked routes, they said.
Due to continuous rains, the water level in several rivers including Ganga, Yamuna, Kali, Gori and Sharda is increasing and the situation is being monitored by the authorities, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport