Fresh landslips in Chamoli, road clearance work on
Dehradun: With the weather permitting, Border Road Organisation men on Tuesday fast-tracked their efforts to clear various roads in Uttarakhand, even as fresh landslips in Chamoli blocked some key routes leading to the town.
Chamoli ADM Sanjay Kumar said although the district received light rains on Tuesday for nearly half-an-hour, minor landslips continued to occur in the district, blocking roads at different places.
There has been no traffic on a number of roads in the state due to recurring landslides.
Efforts are still underway to restore the damaged network of roads, including the Rishikesh-Badrinath national highway which has been closed for several days.
The highway, blocked due to debris at Lambagad in Chamoli district for the past several days, could not be reopened today also, with the ADM saying it will take at least another 15 days to fully reopen it.
Apart from the Badrinath national highway, as many as 46 roads in Chamoli district, including the Gopeshwar-Pokhri and Narayanbagad-Tharali roads, are blocked at different places, the Disaster Management and Mitigation Centre said.
Rishikesh-Kedarnath highway is also blocked at Chandrapuri in Rudraprayag district and Rishikesh-Yamunotri road at Wadia in Uttarkashi district, it said.
Meanwhile, according to the MeT department, the weather was dry at most places in the state, with reports of light to moderate showers at isolated places.
During past 24 hours, Dehradun received the maximum 18.4 mm of showers followed by Kotdwar 12.4 mm, Rishikesh 5.6 mm, Haridwar 4.3 mm and Lansdowne 1 mm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested