Fresh snowfall in Uttarakhand, cold unabated
Dehradun: The intense cold wave sweeping
Uttarakhand showed no signs of relenting with most parts of
the state receiving snowfall for the fifth consecutive day
Fresh snowfall was reported from tourist hotspots of the
poll-bound state, including Hemkunt Saheb, Kedarnath,
Mussorie, Nainital and the Nanda Devi National Park, the MeT
More snowfall is forecast in the higher reaches of Kumaon
Mercury plunged to sub-zero levels with Nainital shivering
at a low of minus one deg C, Mukteshwar at minus 2.9 deg C and
Almora at minus 1.3 degrees.
State capital Dehradun recorded a minimum of 3.4 deg C
while Mussorie reeled under a low of 0.3 degrees, the weather
Authorities continued to struggle for the second day to
clear the Gangotri-Rishikesh route which was blocked at two
different places after heavy snowfall on Sunday, officials
said, adding the road could be partially opened today.
The chill has also started taking a toll on the
preparations for the upcoming Assembly elections scheduled for
later this month, with as many as 125 polling booths being
reportedly affected by heavy snowfall, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?