Fresh snowfall in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Icy winds swept Uttarakhand on Saturday with the higher reaches receiving snowfall and the plains lashed by intermittent showers for the second consecutive day bringing the maximum temperature down by several degrees.
High altitude areas across the state including Badrinath, Kedarnath, Auli, Joshimath, Gangotri, Yamunotri, Harsil and Munsyari received snowfall again this morning whereas intermittent rains lashed the plains including Dehradun and Haridwar, adding to the chill, the MeT office here said.
The maximum recorded yesterday in Dehradun was 23 degrees Celsius which hovered around 16 degrees C today, it said.
Squalls and hailstorms are also likely to occur at places during the day, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- No evidence against Mahesh Girri in NDMC officer murder: Police
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, three former CMs may lose NSG security cover: Report
- Universe crowded with black holes predicted
- ISRO tells industry to enhance capacity to meet demand
- BJP dares Bihar government to ban VHP meet as Tejaswi Yadav threatens action against Pravin Togadia