Fresh snowfall in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Icy winds swept Uttarakhand on Saturday with the higher reaches receiving snowfall and the plains lashed by intermittent showers for the second consecutive day bringing the maximum temperature down by several degrees.
High altitude areas across the state including Badrinath, Kedarnath, Auli, Joshimath, Gangotri, Yamunotri, Harsil and Munsyari received snowfall again this morning whereas intermittent rains lashed the plains including Dehradun and Haridwar, adding to the chill, the MeT office here said.
The maximum recorded yesterday in Dehradun was 23 degrees Celsius which hovered around 16 degrees C today, it said.
Squalls and hailstorms are also likely to occur at places during the day, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal