Fresh snowfall in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Icy winds swept Uttarakhand on Saturday with the higher reaches receiving snowfall and the plains lashed by intermittent showers for the second consecutive day bringing the maximum temperature down by several degrees.
High altitude areas across the state including Badrinath, Kedarnath, Auli, Joshimath, Gangotri, Yamunotri, Harsil and Munsyari received snowfall again this morning whereas intermittent rains lashed the plains including Dehradun and Haridwar, adding to the chill, the MeT office here said.
The maximum recorded yesterday in Dehradun was 23 degrees Celsius which hovered around 16 degrees C today, it said.
Squalls and hailstorms are also likely to occur at places during the day, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi