Fresh snowfall in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Icy winds swept Uttarakhand on Saturday with the higher reaches receiving snowfall and the plains lashed by intermittent showers for the second consecutive day bringing the maximum temperature down by several degrees.
High altitude areas across the state including Badrinath, Kedarnath, Auli, Joshimath, Gangotri, Yamunotri, Harsil and Munsyari received snowfall again this morning whereas intermittent rains lashed the plains including Dehradun and Haridwar, adding to the chill, the MeT office here said.
The maximum recorded yesterday in Dehradun was 23 degrees Celsius which hovered around 16 degrees C today, it said.
Squalls and hailstorms are also likely to occur at places during the day, it said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video