Gangotri, Yamunotri yatra resume in U`khand
Dehradun: The pilgrimage to major Hindu
shrines in Uttarakhand which has been affected due to bad
weather and landslides during the last fortnight, resumed
today with the opening of roads leading to them.
"The pilgrimage to Gangotri and Yamunotri was suspended
after landslides triggered by heavy rains damaged roads at
several places in Uttarkashi district. The vehicular traffic
resumed on these roads today," official sources said.
Earlier, the Badrinath yatra was resumed on Thursday,
while the Kedarnath yatra on Wednesday.
Border Roads Organisation and police helped clear rubble
and repair roads in time, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt