Garhwal mourns death of Delhi gang-rape victim
Kotdwara (Uttarakhand): Several people in Garhwal region poured out of their homes and held marches to mourn the death of the Delhi gang-rape victim.
Processions were held at Kotdwara, Pauri and Srinagar and several villages to demand speedy punishment for the rapists of the girl who died after battling for life.
At Kotdwara, hundreds of girls held a march mourning the victim`s death. Several businessmen and political activists also joined the procession.
At Srinagar, students of Garhwal University marched to Gola Park where they held a condolence meeting in the memory of the deceased paramedical student.
The district headquarters of Pauri saw a gathering of people and theatre artistes at the Main Bazar.
The 23-year-old victim was cremated this morning in Delhi after her body was brought back to India from Singapore where she had been airlifted for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic