Garhwal mourns death of Delhi gang-rape victim
Kotdwara (Uttarakhand): Several people in Garhwal region poured out of their homes and held marches to mourn the death of the Delhi gang-rape victim.
Processions were held at Kotdwara, Pauri and Srinagar and several villages to demand speedy punishment for the rapists of the girl who died after battling for life.
At Kotdwara, hundreds of girls held a march mourning the victim`s death. Several businessmen and political activists also joined the procession.
At Srinagar, students of Garhwal University marched to Gola Park where they held a condolence meeting in the memory of the deceased paramedical student.
The district headquarters of Pauri saw a gathering of people and theatre artistes at the Main Bazar.
The 23-year-old victim was cremated this morning in Delhi after her body was brought back to India from Singapore where she had been airlifted for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing