Garhwal mourns death of Delhi gang-rape victim
Kotdwara (Uttarakhand): Several people in Garhwal region poured out of their homes and held marches to mourn the death of the Delhi gang-rape victim.
Processions were held at Kotdwara, Pauri and Srinagar and several villages to demand speedy punishment for the rapists of the girl who died after battling for life.
At Kotdwara, hundreds of girls held a march mourning the victim`s death. Several businessmen and political activists also joined the procession.
At Srinagar, students of Garhwal University marched to Gola Park where they held a condolence meeting in the memory of the deceased paramedical student.
The district headquarters of Pauri saw a gathering of people and theatre artistes at the Main Bazar.
The 23-year-old victim was cremated this morning in Delhi after her body was brought back to India from Singapore where she had been airlifted for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves