Garhwal mourns death of Delhi gang-rape victim
Kotdwara (Uttarakhand): Several people in Garhwal region poured out of their homes and held marches to mourn the death of the Delhi gang-rape victim.
Processions were held at Kotdwara, Pauri and Srinagar and several villages to demand speedy punishment for the rapists of the girl who died after battling for life.
At Kotdwara, hundreds of girls held a march mourning the victim`s death. Several businessmen and political activists also joined the procession.
At Srinagar, students of Garhwal University marched to Gola Park where they held a condolence meeting in the memory of the deceased paramedical student.
The district headquarters of Pauri saw a gathering of people and theatre artistes at the Main Bazar.
The 23-year-old victim was cremated this morning in Delhi after her body was brought back to India from Singapore where she had been airlifted for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends