Garhwal mourns death of Delhi gang-rape victim
Kotdwara (Uttarakhand): Several people in Garhwal region poured out of their homes and held marches to mourn the death of the Delhi gang-rape victim.
Processions were held at Kotdwara, Pauri and Srinagar and several villages to demand speedy punishment for the rapists of the girl who died after battling for life.
At Kotdwara, hundreds of girls held a march mourning the victim`s death. Several businessmen and political activists also joined the procession.
At Srinagar, students of Garhwal University marched to Gola Park where they held a condolence meeting in the memory of the deceased paramedical student.
The district headquarters of Pauri saw a gathering of people and theatre artistes at the Main Bazar.
The 23-year-old victim was cremated this morning in Delhi after her body was brought back to India from Singapore where she had been airlifted for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa