Girl commits suicide after failing in XII exam
Dehradun: A girl, who failed in her Class XII board examinations, allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself at her home here, police said Monday.
Vimla Patel, a student of class XII, went to a cyber-cafe at about 10 am yesterday to find out how she had performed as the Uttarakhand Board exam results were out, they said.
The girl returned home dissatisfied as she had failed in the exam they said, adding after having lunch with other family members she retired to her room on the first floor.
Some time later, her father Rajendra Patel went to the first floor for some work and was shocked to find the girl hanging from the ceiling, police said.
He informed police and the girl was rushed to a hospital where doctors declared her dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP