Girl found murdered in Shimla hotel, IIT-Roorkee boy missing
Shimla: A 22-year-old girl was found
murdered allegedly by a student of IIT, Roorkee, who
accompanied her to a hotel in Shimla on Saturday, police said.
Shimla Superintendent of Police R M Sharma said Gaurav
Verma, a third year student of IIT Roorkee, along with the
girl, had checked in a hotel under Boileyganj police station
about 3 AM. They had come here from Delhi in a taxi.
The boy is a resident of Gonda in Uttar Pradesh, he
When the two did not come out of room today, the hotel
staff got suspicious and found the room locked from outside,
the SP said.
The room was opened in the presence of the police and the
girl found murdered while the boy was missing, the SP added.
The police contacted IIT Roorkee and his parents in
Gonda and found out details about the boy, the SP said.
Sharma said he contacted SP Gonda and requested him to
arrest Verma. A team of Shimla police also left for Gonda to
arrest the boy.
The dead girl is yet to be identified, the SP said.
On examination, a team of the state forensic team said
prima facie it seems the boy had consumed liquor and stabbed
the girl to death, the Shimla SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal