Girl gang-raped by three youths in Uttar Pradesh
Muzaffarnagar: A 17-year-old girl was allegedly abducted and gang-raped by three youths at Rangana village in Shamli district of Uttar Pradesh, police said today.
The girl was abducted and raped when she went to a village shop under Jhinjhana police station yesterday, they said.
Accused Amit, Vikas and Sahender have been arrested, police said, adding that medical examination of the victim confirmed rape.
The father of the victim in his complaint has alleged that after abduction, the girl was taken to a nearby house and gangraped by the three youths. They later threatened her of dire consequences if she disclosed the matter to anyone.
Accused were produced in the local court yesterday evening and have been sent in judicial custody for 14 days, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured