Give adequate representation to people of Uttarakhand in polls: Ex-Tehri MLA
New Delhi/Dehradun: Former Uttarakhand minister Kishore Upadhyay on Sunday demanded adequate representation to people from the state in the forthcoming Delhi Assembly polls to help the party come to power again.
The former Tehri MLA said Delhi has a big population of people from various areas of Uttarakhand and can help the Congress party win more seats in the polls.
"The people of Uttarakhand origin constitute a substantial size of voter population of the state of Delhi. In certain assembly segments this number goes up considerably high," he said and listed a number of Delhi constituencies having high voters from Uttarakhand.
Upadhyay said a delegation of leaders from Uttarakhand have also met Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, Delhi Congress president JP Aggarwal and AICC General Secretary (in-charge of Delhi) Shakeel Ahmed, demanding adequate representation for voters of Uttarakhand origin.
"Despite having such a large number of dedicated, sincere and honest workers, many of them working tirelessly for Congress party, there has been a feeling among these people that they did not get adequate representation in Congress," he said.
He said, "One cannot help but notice a simmering feeling of discontent and disappointment with the party among dedicated party workers from Uttarakhand."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in