Godiyal appointed Badrinath-Kedarnath Temple Committee chief
Dehradun: Congress MLA from Shrinagar in Uttarakhand Assembly Ganesh Godiyal has been appointed the new chief of Badrinath-Kedarnath Temple Committee.
Godiyal has been appointed to the post for a tenure of three years, official sources said here on Friday.
The Congress MLA, who takes over from BJP`s Ansuya Prasad as the president of the committee also holds the charge of the state Assembly`s Parliamentary Secretary.
Godiyal`s appointment to the post comes after a controversy erupted over allocation of the committee president`s additional charge to its chief executive officer B D Singh following conclusion of Prasad`s tenure.
Terming it a violation of the Temple Committee Act, opposition BJP had threatened to take the matter to Governor Aziz Qureshi if the Act was not followed in its letter and spirit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...