Godiyal appointed Badrinath-Kedarnath Temple Committee chief
Dehradun: Congress MLA from Shrinagar in Uttarakhand Assembly Ganesh Godiyal has been appointed the new chief of Badrinath-Kedarnath Temple Committee.
Godiyal has been appointed to the post for a tenure of three years, official sources said here on Friday.
The Congress MLA, who takes over from BJP`s Ansuya Prasad as the president of the committee also holds the charge of the state Assembly`s Parliamentary Secretary.
Godiyal`s appointment to the post comes after a controversy erupted over allocation of the committee president`s additional charge to its chief executive officer B D Singh following conclusion of Prasad`s tenure.
Terming it a violation of the Temple Committee Act, opposition BJP had threatened to take the matter to Governor Aziz Qureshi if the Act was not followed in its letter and spirit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea