Govt accepts panel`s report on reservation in promotion
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government on Saturday accepted a one-man Commission`s recommendation that the creation of an ex-cadre to give reservation in promotion to SC/ST employees is not legally and administratively justified.
The recommendation of the Commission, headed by Justice Irshad Hussain, was accepted by the Cabinet at its meeting, chaired by Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna here, Principal Secretary (Personnel) D K Kotia told reporters.
He said the Commission, set up on September three this year, had submitted its interim report on the proposed creation of an ex-cadre for granting reservation in promotion to SC/ST employees to the government on October 11.
The panel had recommended that the move was not legally and administratively justified.
"The Cabinet has accepted the recommendation of the Commission and a detailed order in this regard will soon be issued," he said.
Government employees in Uttarakhand had been on a warpath for nearly a fortnight last month, striking work in support of their demand for scrapping the government`s order regarding creation of an ex-cadre for granting reservation in promotion to SC/ST employees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?