Govt employees demonstrate against quota in promotion bill
Dehradun: Miffed at the stand of political parties in Rajya Sabha on reservation in promotion bill, government employees on Wednesday stayed away from work and demonstrated outside the BJP office here burning effigies of the party to protest against the legislation.
Under the joint banner of Uttarakhand Adhikari-Karmachari-Shikshak Sangharsha Morcha, the agitating employees gathered outside the BJP office here and shouted slogans against the bill terming it as "regressive".
The protesters also burnt BJP`s effigy, saying none of the political parties had strongly opposed the bill which they said will create fissures within society by sowing seeds of animosity among different sections.
Morcha activists have stayed away from their offices over the issue since Monday affecting work in government offices across Uttarakhand.
The Morcha demonstrated outside the Congress office here yesterday as part of its ongoing stir against the bill seeking reservation in promotion for SC/ST employees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'