Govt employees demonstrate against quota in promotion bill
Dehradun: Miffed at the stand of political parties in Rajya Sabha on reservation in promotion bill, government employees on Wednesday stayed away from work and demonstrated outside the BJP office here burning effigies of the party to protest against the legislation.
Under the joint banner of Uttarakhand Adhikari-Karmachari-Shikshak Sangharsha Morcha, the agitating employees gathered outside the BJP office here and shouted slogans against the bill terming it as "regressive".
The protesters also burnt BJP`s effigy, saying none of the political parties had strongly opposed the bill which they said will create fissures within society by sowing seeds of animosity among different sections.
Morcha activists have stayed away from their offices over the issue since Monday affecting work in government offices across Uttarakhand.
The Morcha demonstrated outside the Congress office here yesterday as part of its ongoing stir against the bill seeking reservation in promotion for SC/ST employees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday