Govt shielding big fishes involved in Rudrapur land sale: BJP
Dehradun: The state unit of BJP today accused the Uttrakhand government of shielding the "big fishes" involved in the alleged sale of government land at throwaway prices to "influential" persons at Rudrapur in Udhamsingh Nagar district.
Reacting to the recent suspension of Rudrapur SDM N S Nangyal in connection with
the disposal of the said land, state BJP spokesman Satish Lakhera said the official was being made a scapegoat to save the "big fishes" without whose connivance the racket could not have been possible.
Alleging that the racket was carried out at the behest of Congress heavyweights, the BJP leader claimed that they would not be saved howsoever hard the Bahuguna government may try to shield them.
Accusing the state government of using the bureaucracy as a tool for petty commercial gains, he asked the officials not to play into the hands of the government.
Rudrapur Sub Divisional Magistrate N S Nangyal was suspended recently for allegedly selling 147 bighas of government land in the town at throaway prices to 12 "influential" persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!