Govt shielding big fishes involved in Rudrapur land sale: BJP
Dehradun: The state unit of BJP today accused the Uttrakhand government of shielding the "big fishes" involved in the alleged sale of government land at throwaway prices to "influential" persons at Rudrapur in Udhamsingh Nagar district.
Reacting to the recent suspension of Rudrapur SDM N S Nangyal in connection with
the disposal of the said land, state BJP spokesman Satish Lakhera said the official was being made a scapegoat to save the "big fishes" without whose connivance the racket could not have been possible.
Alleging that the racket was carried out at the behest of Congress heavyweights, the BJP leader claimed that they would not be saved howsoever hard the Bahuguna government may try to shield them.
Accusing the state government of using the bureaucracy as a tool for petty commercial gains, he asked the officials not to play into the hands of the government.
Rudrapur Sub Divisional Magistrate N S Nangyal was suspended recently for allegedly selling 147 bighas of government land in the town at throaway prices to 12 "influential" persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon