Govt violating model code of conduct: BJP
Dehradun: BJP on Wednesday lodged a complaint with the state election commission accusing the Bahuguna government of violating the model code of conduct by signing MoUs with different companies to invest in Uttarakhand.
"The recent signing of MoUs by the state government with the DS Group and Golden Infracom worth nearly Rs 550 crore is a clear violation of the model code of conduct," Pradesh BJP spokesperson Mukesh Mahendra said in a letter to state election commissioner Harish Joshi.
Terming them as policy decisions, he said the government should not have signed the MoUs as the model code of conduct is in force.
The model code of conduct came into force in Uttarakhand when the notification for April 28 civic body polls in the state was issued earlier this month.
Mahendra alleged that a press conference, held by Inspector General (law and order) R S Meena recently in response to charges of prevailing lawlessness levelled by former chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank, was also a violation of the model code of conduct.
Claiming that Meena had no right to call a press conference on the issue, the BJP leader alleged that he did so at the behest of the state government and was guilty of indirectly helping it in violation of the model code of conduct.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India