Gujarat govt submits list of people who went missing in Uttarakhand
Ahmedabad: Gujarat government has submitted to Uttarakhand a list of 121 persons from the state, who went missing following the flash floods in the Himalayan state, a top state official said here on Saturday.
"121 people from the state are still missing. We have submitted the list to Uttarakhand government and FIRs have also has been lodged," Gujarat Relief Commissioner P K Parmar said.
The list of those missing from Gujarat has been e-mailed to the Uttarakhand State Emergency Operation Centre, set up specially to monitor the relief work.
"A copy of the list has also been handed over to the District Magistrate and Superintendent of Police of Rudraprayag district in Uttarakhand," he said, adding that most of the cases were reported in that district alone.
"The FIRs have been lodged in Rishikesh, Haridwar and Dehradun," he said, adding that if anybody was found after the FIRs then the list will be have to be corrected.
A decision of Uttarakhand government is awaited on the issue so that benefits can reach the legal heir as per the provisions of National Disaster Relief Fund, Prime Minister Relief Fund Declaration, Uttarakhand Relief Declaration, official sources said.
All the necessary formalities for passing on the benefits to the legal heir of the missing during the pilgrimage to Uttarakhand has been completed by the Gujarat government, Parmar said.
"Once the Uttarakhand government takes a decision, benefits to be passed on as per the Gujarat government`s Declaration will also be taken up," Parmar said.
As per National Disaster Response Force provisions, there is entitlement of Rs 1.5 lakh compensation to the kin of the person who dies in a natural calamity, likewise there are provisions under the other calamity relief schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional