Gujarat govt submits list of people who went missing in Uttarakhand
Ahmedabad: Gujarat government has submitted to Uttarakhand a list of 121 persons from the state, who went missing following the flash floods in the Himalayan state, a top state official said here on Saturday.
"121 people from the state are still missing. We have submitted the list to Uttarakhand government and FIRs have also has been lodged," Gujarat Relief Commissioner P K Parmar said.
The list of those missing from Gujarat has been e-mailed to the Uttarakhand State Emergency Operation Centre, set up specially to monitor the relief work.
"A copy of the list has also been handed over to the District Magistrate and Superintendent of Police of Rudraprayag district in Uttarakhand," he said, adding that most of the cases were reported in that district alone.
"The FIRs have been lodged in Rishikesh, Haridwar and Dehradun," he said, adding that if anybody was found after the FIRs then the list will be have to be corrected.
A decision of Uttarakhand government is awaited on the issue so that benefits can reach the legal heir as per the provisions of National Disaster Relief Fund, Prime Minister Relief Fund Declaration, Uttarakhand Relief Declaration, official sources said.
All the necessary formalities for passing on the benefits to the legal heir of the missing during the pilgrimage to Uttarakhand has been completed by the Gujarat government, Parmar said.
"Once the Uttarakhand government takes a decision, benefits to be passed on as per the Gujarat government`s Declaration will also be taken up," Parmar said.
As per National Disaster Response Force provisions, there is entitlement of Rs 1.5 lakh compensation to the kin of the person who dies in a natural calamity, likewise there are provisions under the other calamity relief schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH