Gujarat govt submits list of people who went missing in Uttarakhand
Ahmedabad: Gujarat government has submitted to Uttarakhand a list of 121 persons from the state, who went missing following the flash floods in the Himalayan state, a top state official said here on Saturday.
"121 people from the state are still missing. We have submitted the list to Uttarakhand government and FIRs have also has been lodged," Gujarat Relief Commissioner P K Parmar said.
The list of those missing from Gujarat has been e-mailed to the Uttarakhand State Emergency Operation Centre, set up specially to monitor the relief work.
"A copy of the list has also been handed over to the District Magistrate and Superintendent of Police of Rudraprayag district in Uttarakhand," he said, adding that most of the cases were reported in that district alone.
"The FIRs have been lodged in Rishikesh, Haridwar and Dehradun," he said, adding that if anybody was found after the FIRs then the list will be have to be corrected.
A decision of Uttarakhand government is awaited on the issue so that benefits can reach the legal heir as per the provisions of National Disaster Relief Fund, Prime Minister Relief Fund Declaration, Uttarakhand Relief Declaration, official sources said.
All the necessary formalities for passing on the benefits to the legal heir of the missing during the pilgrimage to Uttarakhand has been completed by the Gujarat government, Parmar said.
"Once the Uttarakhand government takes a decision, benefits to be passed on as per the Gujarat government`s Declaration will also be taken up," Parmar said.
As per National Disaster Response Force provisions, there is entitlement of Rs 1.5 lakh compensation to the kin of the person who dies in a natural calamity, likewise there are provisions under the other calamity relief schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday