Gujjars to be considered under BPL category: Bahuguna
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Saturday announced to set up a 15-member committee to address the problems of Gujjar community members, besides providing them facilities like food security, pension, scholarships as under the BPL category.
Addressing a National Gujjar Conference here, the Chief Minister said he is committed to providing land rights to Gujjars over their agricultural lands and he is talking to the Prime Minister and the Forest and Environment Minster regarding the same.
For the welfare of Gujjar community members the state government will include representatives from the community in the designated 15-member panel and hold meetings every month to address problems specific to them, Bahuguna said.
He said Gujjars will get 30 per cent reservation in Tiger Task Force, constituted to conserve the tiger and its habitat.
The Chief Minister also said Gujjars will be considered under the BPL category so that they can avail benefits of food security, pension for elders, widows and scholarships for students of their community.
He also ordered Forest officials to register Gujjar families and their pet animals and said he himself will go to monitor the condition of community members staying in villages here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman