Harish Rawat a bigger failure than Bahuguna: BJP
Dehradun: Calling Harish Rawat a "bigger failure" than his predecessor Vijay Bahuguna, BJP on Thursday accused the new Uttarakhand chief minister of doing nothing except visiting flood-hit areas and laying foundation stones of new projects.
"Bahuguna government was no doubt a failure but Harish Rawat government is a bigger failure. All the new man in command is doing is visiting areas hit by calamity and laying foundation stones of projects. No development is visible on the ground," Pradesh BJP president Tirath Singh Rawat told reporters here.
"Laying foundation stones would not heal the wounds of people of Uttarakhand who are looking for concrete measures to rebuild their shattered lives," the BJP leader said.
It is nine months since unprecedented flashfloods wreaked havoc on the people of the state but still a large number of people are living under makeshift tents in biting cold, he alleged.
He also accused the state government of having the panchayat polls deferred by the Supreme Court as "it did not have the guts to face the electorate."
Charging the state government with being "steeped in corruption", the BJP leader alleged largescale exchange of money in the appointment of teachers in the state recently.
"Rs eight to 14 lakh were taken as bribe in the recent appointment of teachers," Rawat said, adding when 86 such cases came to the notice of Pauri district magistrate, he ordered cancellation of the appointments.
However, when the matter came to the notice of the state education minister he spoke to the Garhwal Commissioner and asked him to order reappointment of teachers whose appointment had been cancelled by the Pauri DM.
"But the matter now hangs in the balance as an RTI activist has sought information from the education department on the issue," he said. ?
Claiming that BJP will sweep all the five Lok Sabha seats in the state, he said the ruling Congress will have to pay a heavy price for its misrule at the hustings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Hindu community not allowed to exercise its Right to Information in Pakistan, activists protest