Harish Rawat denies having slapped anyone
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Sunday denied having slapped a Congress worker saying he could not slap anyone even in a dream.
"The young man who is said to have been slapped by me is my 27-year-old relative Dinesh who was shouting slogans at the peak of his voice in my support when the CLP meeting was on at Bijapur Guest House yesterday.
"The slap was actually an elderly pat on his cheek asking him to keep quiet when a party meeting was underway," Rawat said when asked whether he would apologise for what he had done.
He said the man in question is his nephew who hails from his village. There were reports about Rawat slapping a party worker when a CLP meeting was underway at the guest house yesterday to decide the successor of Vijay Bahuguna.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference