Harish Rawat denies having slapped anyone
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Sunday denied having slapped a Congress worker saying he could not slap anyone even in a dream.
"The young man who is said to have been slapped by me is my 27-year-old relative Dinesh who was shouting slogans at the peak of his voice in my support when the CLP meeting was on at Bijapur Guest House yesterday.
"The slap was actually an elderly pat on his cheek asking him to keep quiet when a party meeting was underway," Rawat said when asked whether he would apologise for what he had done.
He said the man in question is his nephew who hails from his village. There were reports about Rawat slapping a party worker when a CLP meeting was underway at the guest house yesterday to decide the successor of Vijay Bahuguna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users