Harish Rawat denies having slapped anyone
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Sunday denied having slapped a Congress worker saying he could not slap anyone even in a dream.
"The young man who is said to have been slapped by me is my 27-year-old relative Dinesh who was shouting slogans at the peak of his voice in my support when the CLP meeting was on at Bijapur Guest House yesterday.
"The slap was actually an elderly pat on his cheek asking him to keep quiet when a party meeting was underway," Rawat said when asked whether he would apologise for what he had done.
He said the man in question is his nephew who hails from his village. There were reports about Rawat slapping a party worker when a CLP meeting was underway at the guest house yesterday to decide the successor of Vijay Bahuguna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali