Harish Rawat hits back at Satpal Maharaj
Dehra Dun: In fresh bickering in
Uttarakhand`s ruling Congress, Union Minister Harish Rawat
on Thursday hit back at senior party leader Satpal Maharaj said
the former railway minister should feel happy that he lost the
race of Chief Ministership of the state.
"Maharajji did not want me to see as the Chief Minister
of Uttarakhand. As I have lost the race for the post, he
should be happy for the fact," Rawat told reporters here.
Rawat was commenting on the reported statement of Maharaj
that Bahuguna is giving plum posts to Rawat loyalists more
than his supporters.
Rawat congratulated Bahuguna on winning the trust vote in
the assembly and appealed to opposition BJP to end their
protest and participate in the assembly proceedings.
To a question, Rawat said he has come here at the
invitation of Bahuguna who wanted him to be present during
the trust vote.
However, he refused to comment when asked whether he has
withdrawn his resignation as union minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert