Harish Rawat hits back at Satpal Maharaj
Dehra Dun: In fresh bickering in
Uttarakhand`s ruling Congress, Union Minister Harish Rawat
on Thursday hit back at senior party leader Satpal Maharaj said
the former railway minister should feel happy that he lost the
race of Chief Ministership of the state.
"Maharajji did not want me to see as the Chief Minister
of Uttarakhand. As I have lost the race for the post, he
should be happy for the fact," Rawat told reporters here.
Rawat was commenting on the reported statement of Maharaj
that Bahuguna is giving plum posts to Rawat loyalists more
than his supporters.
Rawat congratulated Bahuguna on winning the trust vote in
the assembly and appealed to opposition BJP to end their
protest and participate in the assembly proceedings.
To a question, Rawat said he has come here at the
invitation of Bahuguna who wanted him to be present during
the trust vote.
However, he refused to comment when asked whether he has
withdrawn his resignation as union minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown