Harish Rawat vows to carry forward Bahuguna`s good work
Dehradun: Shortly after being sworn in as the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand, Harish Rawat today showered praises on his predecessor Vijay Bahuguna, saying he salutes him for doing an exemplary job during the mid-June natural calamity that shook the whole nation.
"I salute Bahuguna for doing a splendid job during the unprecedented crisis. It was not an ordinary calamity. Rowing the boat in the midst of a tornado is very difficult and that is exactly what Bahuguna did during the tragedy," Rawat told a huge gathering at the Parade Ground here soon after being sworn in as the eighth Chief Minister of the state.
Thousands of his supporters from different parts of the state, especially from Almora, Nainital and Pithoragarh districts of Kumaon region to which he belongs, converged at the ground braving the winter chill to listen to him.
Spelling out his priorities, the new Chief Minister said bringing the state out of the travails of the mid-June disaster and carrying forward the good work done by the Bahuguna government was his foremost responsibility.
Bahuguna, Congress MPs Satpal Maharaj and Pradeep Tamta were among those who shared the dais with Rawat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof