Harish Rawat writes to Modi on speedy execution of infra projects
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Tuesday appealed to Narendra Modi to constitute a high powered committee for the speedy implementation of infrastructure projects meant for the state in view of its strategic and environmental importance.
In a letter to the Prime Minister, Rawat said considering the state`s strategic location and fragile environment, the road, rail and aviation projects sanctioned for the state should be treated as national projects and a separate high powered committee should be set up for their expeditious implementation, Rawat`s media incharge Surendra Kumar said.
Noting that delayed execution of infrastructure projects because of tedious process of getting mandatory clearances from different ministries leads to a rise in their estimated cost, Rawat said such a panel will speed up their execution and ensure that people get their benefits on time.
Stressing on the need for creation of basic infrastructure in the remote hill areas of the state which shares borders with China-Tibet and Nepal, he said largescale migration of people from these parts is taking place because of lack of basic facilities and adequate job opportunities.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!