Harish Rawat writes to Modi on speedy execution of infra projects
Dehradun: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Harish Rawat on Tuesday appealed to Narendra Modi to constitute a high powered committee for the speedy implementation of infrastructure projects meant for the state in view of its strategic and environmental importance.
In a letter to the Prime Minister, Rawat said considering the state`s strategic location and fragile environment, the road, rail and aviation projects sanctioned for the state should be treated as national projects and a separate high powered committee should be set up for their expeditious implementation, Rawat`s media incharge Surendra Kumar said.
Noting that delayed execution of infrastructure projects because of tedious process of getting mandatory clearances from different ministries leads to a rise in their estimated cost, Rawat said such a panel will speed up their execution and ensure that people get their benefits on time.
Stressing on the need for creation of basic infrastructure in the remote hill areas of the state which shares borders with China-Tibet and Nepal, he said largescale migration of people from these parts is taking place because of lack of basic facilities and adequate job opportunities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- WATCH: Chilling video of Gwalior road mishap and miraculous escape of two scooty riders
- 'Sultan' moment: Salman Khan, nephew Ahil clicked in wrestling mood
- Palestinian killed in exchange of fire with Israeli army
- Girl commits suicide after being ragged in Kerala, three final year students arrested
- Japan knife attacker grins before cameras