Haryana adopts 25 villages in flood-ravaged Uttarakhand
Karnal: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Sunday said the state government has adopted 25 villages of Uttarakhand which were affected by heavy rains and landslides and would reconstruct them.
The Chief Minister was interacting with reporters here where he visited senior Congress leader Tejender Pal Maan, whose wife and two other relatives have not yet returned home from a pilgrimage to Kedarnath.
Hooda, who was accompanied by AICC general secretary and in-charge of party affairs in Haryana, said those affected in Uttarakhand will be provided financial assistance by the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site