Haryana adopts 25 villages in flood-ravaged Uttarakhand
Karnal: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Sunday said the state government has adopted 25 villages of Uttarakhand which were affected by heavy rains and landslides and would reconstruct them.
The Chief Minister was interacting with reporters here where he visited senior Congress leader Tejender Pal Maan, whose wife and two other relatives have not yet returned home from a pilgrimage to Kedarnath.
Hooda, who was accompanied by AICC general secretary and in-charge of party affairs in Haryana, said those affected in Uttarakhand will be provided financial assistance by the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- WATCH! Dwayne Bravo bowls last ball of the match to MS Dhoni – This is what happened next
- 12 coaches of Thiruvananthapuram-Mangalore train derail in Kerala
- Hilarious: Sonakshi Sinha trolls Air India pilot on Snapchat! - Know why
- Curfew, restrictions continue in Kashmir Valley for 51st day
- Is Ramdev coming up with world-class varsity near Delhi like University of Houston?