HC adjourns hearing in Balkrishna case to Sept 15
Nainital: The Uttarakhand High Court on Monday
adjourned the hearing in a cheating case involving yoga guru
Ramdev`s close aide Balkrishna, who is accused of using fake
educational certificate for procuring a passport.
As the matter came up before Justice Tarun Agrawal, he
fixed September 15 as the next date of hearing.
Earlier, on July 29, the court had stayed the arrest of
Balkrishna, and asked him to cooperate with the CBI in the
probe and appear before the agency on August 3. It had also
directed the CBI to file a reply on his plea within three
Complying with the court`s order, Balkrishna appeared
twice before the CBI here earlier this month, but the sleuths
failed to take out required information from him.
Last week, Balkrishna was served notice by the CBI to
present his original education documents before it, but the
envelope delivered to the agency by his lawyer on August 27
had his ration card only, official sources said.
The CBI wanted to use the documents related to
Balkrishna`s education in getting the stay vacated on his
arrest, they said.
Balkrishna had gone "missing" on July 24, a day after the
CBI had filed a case against him on charges of cheating and
criminal conspiracy for procuring fake degrees and violation
of section 12 of Indian Passport Act for furnishing such
documents to get a passport.
He resurfaced on the evening of July 29 only after the
High Court stayed his arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price