HC adjourns hearing in Balkrishna case to Sept 15
Nainital: The Uttarakhand High Court on Monday
adjourned the hearing in a cheating case involving yoga guru
Ramdev`s close aide Balkrishna, who is accused of using fake
educational certificate for procuring a passport.
As the matter came up before Justice Tarun Agrawal, he
fixed September 15 as the next date of hearing.
Earlier, on July 29, the court had stayed the arrest of
Balkrishna, and asked him to cooperate with the CBI in the
probe and appear before the agency on August 3. It had also
directed the CBI to file a reply on his plea within three
Complying with the court`s order, Balkrishna appeared
twice before the CBI here earlier this month, but the sleuths
failed to take out required information from him.
Last week, Balkrishna was served notice by the CBI to
present his original education documents before it, but the
envelope delivered to the agency by his lawyer on August 27
had his ration card only, official sources said.
The CBI wanted to use the documents related to
Balkrishna`s education in getting the stay vacated on his
arrest, they said.
Balkrishna had gone "missing" on July 24, a day after the
CBI had filed a case against him on charges of cheating and
criminal conspiracy for procuring fake degrees and violation
of section 12 of Indian Passport Act for furnishing such
documents to get a passport.
He resurfaced on the evening of July 29 only after the
High Court stayed his arrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch