HC asks U`khand to hold rural polls on basis of 2011 census
Nainital: The Uttarakhand High Court today directed the state government to conduct the forthcoming panchayat elections in the state on the basis of 2011 census.
Justice Sudhanshu Dhulia of the high court gave this direction on a writ petition filed by Madhu Chauhan, former chairperson of District Board, Dehradun, his counsel Rajendra Dobhal said.
Panchayat polls in Uttarakhand are likely to be held next month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you