Head of Missions meet to woo investments in Uttarakhand
Dehra Dun: Aiming to attract investments in
Uttarakhand, the state government will hold a meeting of Head of Missions here next month.
Ambassadors and High Commissioners of 10 countries
including Singapore, Indonesia, Sweden, Nigeria and Bangladesh
are expected to attend the two day meet on May 13-14, official
sources said Thursday.
The ambassadors` meet with a theme of " Showcasing
Uttarakhand : Land of opportunities" would deliberate upon the
possibilities of investment in various sectors in the state.
These include food processing, electronics, forest-based
industries, handicrafts, herbs-based industry, Information
Technology, pharmaceuticals, service industry, tourism, tea
production and processing and automobiles.
In a meeting held in this regard, Uttarakhand Chief
Secretary Subhash Kumar asked officials to make all
arrangements besides providing all information regarding the
opportunities in the state to make the gathering a success.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use