Head of Missions meet to woo investments in Uttarakhand
Dehra Dun: Aiming to attract investments in
Uttarakhand, the state government will hold a meeting of Head of Missions here next month.
Ambassadors and High Commissioners of 10 countries
including Singapore, Indonesia, Sweden, Nigeria and Bangladesh
are expected to attend the two day meet on May 13-14, official
sources said Thursday.
The ambassadors` meet with a theme of " Showcasing
Uttarakhand : Land of opportunities" would deliberate upon the
possibilities of investment in various sectors in the state.
These include food processing, electronics, forest-based
industries, handicrafts, herbs-based industry, Information
Technology, pharmaceuticals, service industry, tourism, tea
production and processing and automobiles.
In a meeting held in this regard, Uttarakhand Chief
Secretary Subhash Kumar asked officials to make all
arrangements besides providing all information regarding the
opportunities in the state to make the gathering a success.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state