Health authorities issue high alert in flood-hit Uttarakhand
Dehra Dun: Apprehending outbreak of epidemic
in natural disaster-hit areas, Uttarakhand health authorities
have issued a high alert in the state, official sources said
Besides, the leaves of the medical employees have also
been cancelled till further orders to deal with any problem
that may come before the health department, they said.
Drinking water projects have been badly damaged due to
landslides, cloudbursts and floods resulting in contamination
of water and made the people vulnerable to water-borne
diseases, they said.
The Chief Medical Officers (CMOs) of all the 13 districts
have been directed to remain vigilant and put their staff on
alert in this regard. They have also been asked to keep
sufficient stock of medicines at the district headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?