Hearing in Balkrishna`s fake passport case today
Dehradun: A special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court in Dehradun will on Monday hear the fake passport case involving yoga guru Baba Ramdev`s close aide Balkrishna.
Balkrishna has been charged with forgery and violation of the Indian Passport Act.
The central probe agency, investigating the case, claims that Balkrishna obtained the passport on the basis of a fake date of birth certificate.
According to the preliminary probe conducted by the Enforcement Directorate, Balkrishna was involved in a Jharkhand-based company and is alleged to have violated FEMA guidelines.
It is also alleged that Balkrishna travelled to over 25 countries on a fake passport including countries which are known tax havens.
Balkrishna was booked on the basis of the FIR lodged by the CBI, which had charged him with violations of the Passport Act.
After his arrest in July by CBI for allegedly submitting fake documents for obtaining Indian passport, he was granted bail on August 17..
The CBI had registered a case of cheating and criminal conspiracy against Balkrishna on July 23 last year for allegedly procuring fake degree and violating Section 12 of Indian Passport Act by furnishing fake and forged High School and graduation certificates to the passport authorities for obtaining the document.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible