Heavy overnight rains in U`khand, rivers close to danger mark
Dehradun: Heavy overnight rains across Uttarakhand on Monday led to a rise in the levels of most water bodies including the Bhagirathi river and the Tehri lake.
Dehradun and Uttarkashi received the highest degree of rain in the past 24 hours recording a maximum of 91.5 mm and 77 mm of showers respectively.
A cloudburst occurred in Manalipatti area of Barkot in Uttarkashi district early this morning.
However no damage was caused as it occured in a forest area where there were no human settlements, District Disaster Management and Mitigation authorities said.
Heavy incessant rains in Dehradun since last night left most of the roads in the city waterlogged.
Major rivers in the state are in spate following heavy rains flowing close to the danger mark.
The Bhagirathi river in Uttarkashi was flowing at 1120.77 metres, less than three metres below the danger mark whereas the Mandakini in Rudraprayag district was flowing at 623.70, a little over three notches below the danger mark.
Almora SDM Ajay Arora, who slipped into the Alaknanda from a makeshift bridge on Wednesday, is yet to be traced with a 14-member team of PAC divers assisted by NDRF personnel still scouring the river in search of him, Rudraprayag District Disaster Management and Mitigation authorities said.
Efforts are on to search for the missing official from Kedar valley to Shrinagar, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued