Heavy overnight rains in U`khand, rivers close to danger mark
Dehradun: Heavy overnight rains across Uttarakhand on Monday led to a rise in the levels of most water bodies including the Bhagirathi river and the Tehri lake.
Dehradun and Uttarkashi received the highest degree of rain in the past 24 hours recording a maximum of 91.5 mm and 77 mm of showers respectively.
A cloudburst occurred in Manalipatti area of Barkot in Uttarkashi district early this morning.
However no damage was caused as it occured in a forest area where there were no human settlements, District Disaster Management and Mitigation authorities said.
Heavy incessant rains in Dehradun since last night left most of the roads in the city waterlogged.
Major rivers in the state are in spate following heavy rains flowing close to the danger mark.
The Bhagirathi river in Uttarkashi was flowing at 1120.77 metres, less than three metres below the danger mark whereas the Mandakini in Rudraprayag district was flowing at 623.70, a little over three notches below the danger mark.
Almora SDM Ajay Arora, who slipped into the Alaknanda from a makeshift bridge on Wednesday, is yet to be traced with a 14-member team of PAC divers assisted by NDRF personnel still scouring the river in search of him, Rudraprayag District Disaster Management and Mitigation authorities said.
Efforts are on to search for the missing official from Kedar valley to Shrinagar, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH