Heavy rains continue to lash Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Heavy rains continued to lash various parts of Uttarakhand today following which water level in several rivers has increased here.
The water level has increased in Ganga and various rivers including Yamuna, Kosi and Sharda among others.
"We are consistently monitoring the water level and are on alert to deal with any possible situation," district authorities said today.
Despite the heavy rains, the relief work for victims of the natural disaster which happened last month, has not been affected.
Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna yesterday called up the various village heads to ensure the distribution of relief material to the victims, officials said.
Due to the heavy rains, the Birla guest house has also been washed away in Raywala area of Rishikesh.
Ganga river has changed its course due to which the guest house along with over 20 acres of land of the adjacent company was washed away yesterday, Additional District Magistrate, SS Martolia said.
8-9 employees used to stay in the guest house, but they had evacuated the place in time, he added.
Meanwhile, ICICI group today donated Rs 15 crore in the relief fund for the victims of Uttarakhand rains and flash floods.
Chanda Kochhar, MD and CEO of ICICI Bank Limited met Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna here and handed over the cheque to him as a mark of solidarity with the victims.
Apart from ICICI bank, the donation amount also includes contribution from subsidiary companies of ICCI group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni