Heavy rains lash Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Heavy rains on Thursday lashed the Garhwal region of Uttarakhand making the weather pleasant at most places after the mugginess of the last few days.
The state capital received heavy showers for nearly an hour this afternoon while light to medium rainfall was recorded at many places in the region in the last 24 hours including Rudraprayag (56 mm), Shrinagar (43 mm) and Karnaprayag (40 mm), the MeT office said.
The rains have brought down humidity levels at most places, making the weather pleasant for residents.
MeT Office Director Anand Sharma warned of heavy downpours at most places across the region including Dehradun in the next 24 hours.
Over 70 mm of rains are likely and the possibility of isolated landslides in the higher reaches cannot be ruled out, he said.
The state disaster management authorities have also been alerted about the possibility of heavy rains in parts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok