Heavy rains lash Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Heavy rains on Thursday lashed the Garhwal region of Uttarakhand making the weather pleasant at most places after the mugginess of the last few days.
The state capital received heavy showers for nearly an hour this afternoon while light to medium rainfall was recorded at many places in the region in the last 24 hours including Rudraprayag (56 mm), Shrinagar (43 mm) and Karnaprayag (40 mm), the MeT office said.
The rains have brought down humidity levels at most places, making the weather pleasant for residents.
MeT Office Director Anand Sharma warned of heavy downpours at most places across the region including Dehradun in the next 24 hours.
Over 70 mm of rains are likely and the possibility of isolated landslides in the higher reaches cannot be ruled out, he said.
The state disaster management authorities have also been alerted about the possibility of heavy rains in parts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened