Heavy rains lash Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Heavy rains on Thursday lashed the Garhwal region of Uttarakhand making the weather pleasant at most places after the mugginess of the last few days.
The state capital received heavy showers for nearly an hour this afternoon while light to medium rainfall was recorded at many places in the region in the last 24 hours including Rudraprayag (56 mm), Shrinagar (43 mm) and Karnaprayag (40 mm), the MeT office said.
The rains have brought down humidity levels at most places, making the weather pleasant for residents.
MeT Office Director Anand Sharma warned of heavy downpours at most places across the region including Dehradun in the next 24 hours.
Over 70 mm of rains are likely and the possibility of isolated landslides in the higher reaches cannot be ruled out, he said.
The state disaster management authorities have also been alerted about the possibility of heavy rains in parts of the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader