Hemkund Sahib closes for winter break
Gopeshwar: Hundreds of Sikh pilgrims today offered prayers at Hemkund Sahib as portals of the famous shrine in Garhwal Himalayas were closed for a winter break.
They had been reopened only 20 days back after a prolonged three-month suspension of the yatra to the shrine after the June calamity in Uttarakhand.
Its ceremonial closure during winter when the area remains snowbound is an annual feature.
Over 10,000 pilgrims paid obeisance at the temple after the recommencement of the yatra, Gurudwara Prabandhan Samiti officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional