Hemkund Sahib closes for winter break
Gopeshwar: Hundreds of Sikh pilgrims today offered prayers at Hemkund Sahib as portals of the famous shrine in Garhwal Himalayas were closed for a winter break.
They had been reopened only 20 days back after a prolonged three-month suspension of the yatra to the shrine after the June calamity in Uttarakhand.
Its ceremonial closure during winter when the area remains snowbound is an annual feature.
Over 10,000 pilgrims paid obeisance at the temple after the recommencement of the yatra, Gurudwara Prabandhan Samiti officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof