High alert in Haridwar
Dehradun: In the wake of the Pune blast, a
high-alert has been declared in Haridwar where the `Mahakumbh
Mela` is being held, top police officials said here on Sunday.
They said special squads have been deployed in Haridwar
and high vigil is being maintained.
"We are maintaining high vigil in Haridwar and frisking
has also been intensified at the main ghat Har-ki-Pauri,"
said Inspector General of Police M A Ganapathy.
Checks are also being conducted at various hotels, motels
and other vulnerable areas, he said.
A high-alert has been declared in other areas of
Uttarakhand as well, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH