High alert in Haridwar
Dehradun: In the wake of the Pune blast, a
high-alert has been declared in Haridwar where the `Mahakumbh
Mela` is being held, top police officials said here on Sunday.
They said special squads have been deployed in Haridwar
and high vigil is being maintained.
"We are maintaining high vigil in Haridwar and frisking
has also been intensified at the main ghat Har-ki-Pauri,"
said Inspector General of Police M A Ganapathy.
Checks are also being conducted at various hotels, motels
and other vulnerable areas, he said.
A high-alert has been declared in other areas of
Uttarakhand as well, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'