High alert in Haridwar
Dehradun: In the wake of the Pune blast, a
high-alert has been declared in Haridwar where the `Mahakumbh
Mela` is being held, top police officials said here on Sunday.
They said special squads have been deployed in Haridwar
and high vigil is being maintained.
"We are maintaining high vigil in Haridwar and frisking
has also been intensified at the main ghat Har-ki-Pauri,"
said Inspector General of Police M A Ganapathy.
Checks are also being conducted at various hotels, motels
and other vulnerable areas, he said.
A high-alert has been declared in other areas of
Uttarakhand as well, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narendra Modi govt celebrates 2nd anniversary; Amitabh Bachchan urges to educate, give equality to girl child
- Will step down if chair becomes impediment in father's vision for J&K: Mehbooba Mufti
- Nuke programme made Pakistan's defence impregnable: Nawaz Sharif
- Indian Army now confirms Hizbul Mujahideen militant Tariq Pandit held
- Kepler 62f: An exoplanet 1200 light years away may be habitable!