Higher reaches of Himalayas receive snowfall
Dehra Dun: Higher reaches of Himalayas in
Uttarakhand received snowfall while lower areas and plains witnessed a light to moderate rainfall plummeting the temperature below normal.
Higher reaches of Himalayas in both the regions of Garhwal
and Kumaon in Uttarakhand including Gangotri, Yamunotri,
Badrinath, Kedarnath, Hemkund Sahib and Chakrata received
light snowfall while most of the lower areas, including state
capital Dehra Dun, received rainfall, Met department said.
Due to the sudden change in weather, the maximum
temperature of Dehra Dun was recorded at 25.7 degree C
yesterday which was nearly 6 degree below normal, said Anand
Sharma, Director of MeT office here.
The minimum temperature this morning was recorded at 14
degree C, which is also one degree below normal.
He said the current weather conditions are likely to
continue for another two days and high altitude areas might
receive another spell of snowfall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown