Higher reaches of Himalayas receive snowfall
Dehra Dun: Higher reaches of Himalayas in
Uttarakhand received snowfall while lower areas and plains witnessed a light to moderate rainfall plummeting the temperature below normal.
Higher reaches of Himalayas in both the regions of Garhwal
and Kumaon in Uttarakhand including Gangotri, Yamunotri,
Badrinath, Kedarnath, Hemkund Sahib and Chakrata received
light snowfall while most of the lower areas, including state
capital Dehra Dun, received rainfall, Met department said.
Due to the sudden change in weather, the maximum
temperature of Dehra Dun was recorded at 25.7 degree C
yesterday which was nearly 6 degree below normal, said Anand
Sharma, Director of MeT office here.
The minimum temperature this morning was recorded at 14
degree C, which is also one degree below normal.
He said the current weather conditions are likely to
continue for another two days and high altitude areas might
receive another spell of snowfall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Each passing year is a reward for me, says Amitabh Bachchan on his 73rd birthday
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off