Higher reaches of Himalayas receive snowfall
Dehra Dun: Higher reaches of Himalayas in
Uttarakhand received snowfall while lower areas and plains witnessed a light to moderate rainfall plummeting the temperature below normal.
Higher reaches of Himalayas in both the regions of Garhwal
and Kumaon in Uttarakhand including Gangotri, Yamunotri,
Badrinath, Kedarnath, Hemkund Sahib and Chakrata received
light snowfall while most of the lower areas, including state
capital Dehra Dun, received rainfall, Met department said.
Due to the sudden change in weather, the maximum
temperature of Dehra Dun was recorded at 25.7 degree C
yesterday which was nearly 6 degree below normal, said Anand
Sharma, Director of MeT office here.
The minimum temperature this morning was recorded at 14
degree C, which is also one degree below normal.
He said the current weather conditions are likely to
continue for another two days and high altitude areas might
receive another spell of snowfall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS