Higher reaches of Himalayas receive snowfall
Dehra Dun: Higher reaches of Himalayas in
Uttarakhand received snowfall while lower areas and plains witnessed a light to moderate rainfall plummeting the temperature below normal.
Higher reaches of Himalayas in both the regions of Garhwal
and Kumaon in Uttarakhand including Gangotri, Yamunotri,
Badrinath, Kedarnath, Hemkund Sahib and Chakrata received
light snowfall while most of the lower areas, including state
capital Dehra Dun, received rainfall, Met department said.
Due to the sudden change in weather, the maximum
temperature of Dehra Dun was recorded at 25.7 degree C
yesterday which was nearly 6 degree below normal, said Anand
Sharma, Director of MeT office here.
The minimum temperature this morning was recorded at 14
degree C, which is also one degree below normal.
He said the current weather conditions are likely to
continue for another two days and high altitude areas might
receive another spell of snowfall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement