Higher reaches of Himalayas receive snowfall
Dehra Dun: Higher reaches of Himalayas in
Uttarakhand received snowfall while lower areas and plains witnessed a light to moderate rainfall plummeting the temperature below normal.
Higher reaches of Himalayas in both the regions of Garhwal
and Kumaon in Uttarakhand including Gangotri, Yamunotri,
Badrinath, Kedarnath, Hemkund Sahib and Chakrata received
light snowfall while most of the lower areas, including state
capital Dehra Dun, received rainfall, Met department said.
Due to the sudden change in weather, the maximum
temperature of Dehra Dun was recorded at 25.7 degree C
yesterday which was nearly 6 degree below normal, said Anand
Sharma, Director of MeT office here.
The minimum temperature this morning was recorded at 14
degree C, which is also one degree below normal.
He said the current weather conditions are likely to
continue for another two days and high altitude areas might
receive another spell of snowfall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi